Bridge of Life School believes the welfare of children is of paramount importance. We are committed to taking all reasonable steps to promote safe practice and to protect children from any form of harm, abuse or exploitation. We have had no issues to report to date, and there are a number of safety policies and procedures we follow to ensure this including:
- Teaching and training staff of the policies of the non-profit regarding children, staff, and volunteers.
- Training staff and students on how to be aware of signs of abuse and the proper way to report it.
- Maintaining rigorous recruitment and selection processes for staff and volunteers who work with the non-profit in any form, including background checks.
- Always pairing volunteers with at least one trained Khmer staff member at all times.
- Ensuring parents and leaders in the community have an understanding of the procedures in place and are comfortable with volunteers working with their children in safe spaces.
Bridge of Life School firmly upholds a ‘zero tolerance’ approach to any forms of abuse, exploitation or other misconduct that poses a potential risk to any child. All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken with the highest degree of seriousness, reported to the police, and investigated to the fullest extent so that swift and appropriate action can take place.